Sunday, June 10, 2007

It's all change on the Derby Front

At the end of this month, everything changes. After two and a half years, Daisy is moving up to York with her boyfriend. For a while it meant that I would have been housemate-less, but it's OK!!! Two of the chefs from work are going to move in with me! Yey! It should be really good fun, but I am concerned about living with two boys after so long! I like having male housemates, I think they bring a totally different dynamic to a flat. Instead of bitching and ignoring problems, they'll just have it out, and over and done with. There's less arguing and horrible atmosphere...however, they can also be very messy, smelly and childish!!!! :-) These guys are great though, and being chefs, I'm looking forward to having great food all the time. One issue that people brought up was the whole living and working together thing, but at the minute, we pretty much spend all our time together anyway, so I don't think it would be too much different. I'll have to keep you all updated on how it's going.

The strangest thing will be not having my best friend around all the time. York is only about 2 hours up the road, so it's not like it's the other side of the world, but even so. I'm just so used to having her around. And since we first moved back up to Derby after uni, we've been through so much! Our first house was just horrendous (oh my, there are hundreds of hideous stories there), and then the move to our current house whilst I had the mumps! All the gigs, and road trips, the various housemates, the neighbours, the ups and downs. There is so much there, it'll be odd to think that it's all coming to and end. But as Daisy keeps telling me nothing lasts forever, things will change and move on. Very deep, don't you think?
In other news, I'm going to see MUSE play at the new Wembley Stadium next Sunday! I'm so very very excited about this. Not only will MUSE be there, but they are supported by Biffy Clyro and My Chemical Romance...WOOO HOOOO!!!!! I'll definitely blog after that weekend and tell you all about it! Yey.
Right, I'm off to make Fajitas now, before going to see Oceans 13!

No comments: