Monday, January 15, 2007

The Changing Seasons

It's been forever since my last post, and the more posts I write, the more I seem to start with that sentence. I'll get around to writing more regularly one day!

Christmas at the restaurant was manic...we were working 12 hour days with only an hours break in between shifts. It was hard work, but the tips were awesome, so I guess I can't complain too much!!! I'm still enjoying it a lot, and have met some real interesting people. One thing I've learnt though, is that when it comes to respect, and therefore friendliness, you get what you give. We've had some horrendously rude people in recently. There was this one man who wouldn't even look at me when I talked to him. He wafted me away with a little flick of his had at one point, as if I would respond like an animal. He got me so riled up that I had to get someone else to go over to their table for the rest of the night. I gave him no respect what so ever, he didn't deserve any. If I don't get respect and politeness, then I don't give any, within reason. That's the one thing about working with the public, is always having to be nice to people, even when they're the nastiest people around. But luckily for us, the ratio of nice to nasty people in our restaurant is definitely in favour of the nice people.

Anyway, I'm sure you don't want to hear about the ins and outs of my job...so I'll just leave it there. This was just a quick post to show that I'm still around, and reading blogs, even if I'm not writing my own at the min. I'll try and update more often.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Take Care....

No comments: