Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Dreams will come true

I have to apologise for the lack of postings recently; I have been wicked busy at work recently, which is the only time I had for updating. However, hopefully now things will change! Thanks to my sister’s boyfriend, my laptop at home went from being pretty much dead, taking forever to load anything, with absolutely no hope of connecting to the internet to being almost like brand new. It’s faster, and he managed to reconfigure stuff so that I could install the Internet on it again! YEY! So now I will be able to blog from home as well as ‘illegally’ from work!

I can’t believe that it’s the 13th September already. This year is flying by, I’m sure I say that every year, but this year has just disappeared. Recently I have been thinking a lot about various anniversaries. The 4 years it has been since 9/11, which means that come September 17th, it’ll be 4 years since I first started University. We’re coming up on a year since I moved to Derby after graduation, and of course that 1 year it’s been since I finished University. I guess time just flies by when you’re having fun huh!?

Every now and then I have random reality checks…not only did I start university, I finished it! I’m now a graduate; I have letters after my name! My time at Uni was amazing, I loved every minute of it, especially now that I can look back on it, and not actually do it! I’m sure that were parts that I didn’t enjoy, like all the essays and presentations we had to do, but hindsight is a wonderful thing, is it not? Anyway, I digress, the thing is, its now been over a year since completing my studies, and just under a year since I decided to move back up to Derby in order to find a job that I really wanted to do. Now that I’m here, and have been for a while, I’m still not sure what that is. I’ve pretty much always known that I wanted to work in films (except for a brief period when I was younger when I declared that I was going to clean space shuttles for a living – somebody has to do it!!!) but as I have little to no experience, finding a job is proving very difficult. But I’m a firm believer in the though that if you want something enough, it’ll happen. I know that belief alone is not enough, and it takes a great deal of groundwork to get where you want to be. My mom is always telling me that I’m waiting for Steven Spielberg to come and knock on my door with a job for me. And it’s true I guess, I haven’t done a huge amount to get myself on the track of my perfect job, and I think it’s because I’m scared. What if I find somewhere to gain the experience I need, and find out that I’m not suited for the job, or more importantly incapable of doing the job? For years now, I’ve had my heart set on working on film sets ultimately to end up as a script supervisor, but taking that first step to make it happen is proving harder than I thought it would be. But I’ve come to the stage in my life right now, where I’m bored of working in the same job, that I only started as temp, to fill the time until I found what I really wanted to do. So I’m going to send out CV’s to as many places as I can, and I’m going to find my dream job!

Just on a side note I’d like to congratulate the England Cricket Team for regaining The Ashes yesterday! For those who don’t know, The Ashes Tournament takes place between Australia and England – notorious rivals when it comes to cricket. The Tournament winners get to keep a tiny urn containing the ashes of some stumps burnt after a game many years ago. I won’t bore you all with the details here, just in case you’re not cricket fans, but basically, we won The Ashes back after the Auzzies have had them for 16 years! This year’s team will be remembered for many years to come! GOOD JOB BOYS!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see that you are back online.