Saturday, July 02, 2005

Keep at it...

One night last week, I was stood outside my back door on one of the clearest nights we'd had for a while. The plethora of stars out astounded me, as I live in the middle of a city, so usually, the only ones visible are those of the major constellations. However, this night they were out in abundance. I was determined to find a satellite, as I normally do when I'm out star gazing, no matter how long it took me to find it, I was not going back in until I'd seen one. So while I was contemplating 'Life, the Universe and Everything' staring up at the distant life that could be, I was unaware of time slipping past. Stars totally baffle me, I just can't comprehend the distance them, and the time. Also, who's to say that there's not a set of planets similar to our circling endlessly around one of those stars looking at our sun as part of a constellation, as we look at theirs? Then just when I wasn't expecting I found not one, but two satellites, continuing their lonely journeys around the earth, exploring and reporting. They were both going in different directions, and just as their paths crossed, a huge bright shooting star shot across the sky! As soon as I saw it, I made a wish, (as you do on shooting stars!), then I started to think about how if you want something hard enough, if you believe in it happens for long enough, it will invariably happen and not only that, but you'll get an added bonus with it. So, never give up your dreams, keep believing and good things will happen. It was just what I needed right then, as I was (and still am to a certain extent) having a minor crisis about what to do with my life! But it spurred me on, never to give up, to keep going no matter the cost, and the sacrifices I may need to make, I WILL keep at it, and one day I'll get to where I want to be.

1 comment:

Richard Lawrence Cohen said...

You did it with Poi, Rach, and you can do it with lots of other things. Your brave attitude will take you far.

Sorry I've been away from your blog for a while. It's been a hectic summer -- in fact in a few days I'm off for a vacation and may be out of touch.