Monday, August 14, 2006

Thank you Shane

I have just come across this post from a link from Shane Nickerson's site. I don't think he'll ever quite know just how much his answer meant to me. He is explaining the importance of a letter he wrote at the age of 23 to Kenneth Brannagh about how to play the role Hamlet.

I'm stuck in a rut at the minute, working in a job that is not my life's career - without any real reason to leave. What I need is some hope that my dream could come true if I actually put the effort in to change it. Reading Shane's post earlier on gave me that little glimmer of hope that whatever I want to do is possible and I'm going to go out and get it!

I was watching The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring yesterday, with the cast commentary over the top. It was so interesting to find out how they made certain sections, and what the actors were trying to convey at certain points - but more than that, it made me want to be a part of something like that. The connection that all the actors have with each other and other members of the crew - especially when undertaking such a mammoth project like LOTR. Those three films will go down in history along side Star Wars, Indiana Jones and the Godfather as some of the best Trilogies ever!

One day - one day my name will be on the credits of a movie - JUST YOU WAIT!

No comments: