Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Same old...

Recently, I have been feeling like my life is one long routine that never changes. From the order I do stuff, like getting up in the morning, taking a shower, getting dressed, eating breakfast...It's the same thing every day. I go to work, I do the same thing all day every day at work, then I come home, and usually do the same thing week in week out after work. There's no variety in there at all. Is that just part of growing up? Or am I stuck in a rut right now? Don't get me wrong, on the whole I'm pretty happy with my life, I'm surrounded by great friends, have a good laugh and other than keeping the rent and bills paid have very little responsibility. I just yearn for a life where I can wake up in the morning and not have a clue what's going to happen that day, where I'm going to go, what I'm going to do. I'm not a planner at all, I just figure it leaves more room for disappointment when things don't out how you planned...Leave it all up to the last minute, be spontaneous! That's the way to be, but unfortunately this isn't a secure way to be. I need my job to pay my bills. So for the time being I'll survive in my unchanging routine, and wait for the day when nothing is planned!

1 comment:

Internet Street Philosopher said...

Sounds a little bit like my life and times. Don't feel bad, you're not alone.